Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A new writing space

I got rid of my old desk. There was nothing wrong with it really. It just took up too much room in my office and for some reason, I didn't like to write there. I bought a new desk. It's smaller. It has a built in book case. Since it's smaller I also bought ANOTHER book case. My books overflow, so now I have room on my desk and a new four shelf book case to store them (I've yet to put the book case together.

My only challenge is to keep my office clean and organized. It's where I keep my filing. I think however, if I start writing in there instead of my kitchen table, I'm more apt to file things more efficiently and keep it tidier. *fingers crossed*

So here is the new desk I built last night.


On the desk itself I've got pictures of my kids. I have a hand stamped Sylvia Plath plate that sits next to my "Writer's (paper) Block" and 1969 replica Ford Mustang that represents Never Eighteen. There's also mug one of my kids made that holds my pens, a stuffed monkey from the book kit, I Love Monkey by S. Kaufman and some other office supplies.

That first book shelf holds To Kill a Mockingbird, A River Runs Through It and Fahrenheit 451, some favorite books I've read.

The upper shelf holds some favorite books and some on my 'to be read' list. Divergent and Insurgent are up there. I've read the former, the latter is next on my list. Then I have of Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, Paper Towns, and The Fault in are Stars by John Green, all signed by Green to me, all I've yet to read. On the other side are Catching Fire and Mockingbird and my friend Gae Polisner's Pull of Gravity.

On the very top is a vintage typewriter, sock monkey, a picture from my trip to NY with friends Tracy Walshaw, Gae Polisner, Lori Landau and Christine Beth Reish, and set of gel pens.

Yes, I think I can finally write in that room. At least I'm willing to give it a try. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews