Friday, March 1, 2013

F³A: Jaded

I think that's what I've become. Jaded. Jaded about the publishing industry. I know I shouldn't bitch this much, but when you keep hearing about reviews and awards and contests and book deals yadda yadda yadda, for some of us, at times it becomes too much. Especially those of us whose experience was perhaps less than ideal. I mean, don't get me wrong, I had some great experiences too. I met some AWESOME writers and made some AMAZING connections. I received OUTSTANDING reviews from INCREDIBLE readers, bloggers, reviewers, etc. It's the process, the lack of backing that has made me jaded.

Am I whining? Um, yeah, I suppose so. Am I jealous? Um, yeah I guess. Am I exhausted, tired, and frustrated? Definitely. That's why I want to go it alone. I want to try my hand at it myself and see if I get the same results or better. If I can do it myself and get the same results, why throw myself into the lion's den, ya know?

And I know I'm probably pissing some non published writers off right now, thinking I should be happy I was published. Don't get me wrong. I am, that is a HUGE accomplishment and it's not my intention to piss you off. I'm just speaking from my mind, my heart, and my soul. This is my experience. Not everyone's will be the same. Losing an agent mid-year and not having that support really sucked. It closes a lot of options.

I know this is something I need to get over, right now I just don't know how. Maybe putting this book out will help, will give me some of the peace I'm looking for you know, because I don't like feeling this way. It's painful and ugly and not someone I like to be.

Anyway, I think I'll stop ranting and give you my Friday Scribbles now.

Next in the Pandora Lineup:


Netflix of the Week: Submarine awesome quirky coming of age movie.

Book of the Week: Fellow 2k12er Katy Longshore's follow up to Gilt, Tarnish, came out this week, check it out.

Quote of the Week: "I find that it's nice to work with somebody and spin off on someone else's feelings. You get a little jaded by yourself." ~ Herb Alpert



4 comments:

  1. I think writing and our thoughts about publishing are always very up and down. At least mine are and maybe it will make you feel better just to know you're going through something that, I would guess, as many, many other writers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I'm sure many other writers if not most or all have gone through the same thing I'm feeling at least once in their existence. I just hate when I feel like this. I'm hoping it passes soon and I feel that excitement again that I once did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm nowhere close to publishing anything, but I've already thought about going the indie route when the time comes...
    Keep your chin up! You've come this far...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michelle. I'm trying. I'm excited about this venture. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews