Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Who cares?

Is anyone else just sick of media coverage on people and things that don't deserve it? 

Manti Te'o. The guy was duped. Yep. Guess what, people are taken by other people all the time. This guy got some publicity, others have had their entire lives stolen from them. Leave it alone. And really? Let's interview the girl who was in the photo? Why? She's nobody. She's never met Manti Te'o. Who cares if her pictures was stolen and used without her knowledge. It happens all the time.

Lance Armstrong. I'm sick to death of this story. He screwed up. Take his award, his medals and let the story die already. Does a guy like him really deserve all this publicity he's getting? I don't care what his ex-girlfriend has to say about it, even if she is Sheryl Crow. They haven't been together for seven years. 

Beyonce. Why are we even talking about this? My god, so she lip-sank. It's not like she was using someone else's voice or that she screwed up. We know the woman can belt out a tune. Leave her be. I'm sure there's more important things about the inauguration we can talk about.

Who cares about Kate Middleton's portrait? I mean, really?

Wes Welker's wife? She's a poor sport. So what? I see those all the time at my kid's soccer games.

I don't care 'who wears it best', the Kardashians, Lindsey, Honey Boo Boo. I'm so tired of media making celebrities out of nobody's, giving killers more air time than they should, drawing out stories that should just die a quick death or shouldn't be covered at all when there is so much else going on in the world.

Sigh.

I wish I could just hide from it all, but it's everywhere, newspapers, social media, internet, tv. I'd have to get rid of my electricity, my cell phone, and never leave the house again.

Okay, sorry for the rant.

And now back to your regularly scheduled blog...

2 comments:

  1. Megan -

    Join the e-hermits. We've got jackets !

    Seriously, it seems to be the broadcast media and near-news publications that cause this useless frenzy.

    We killed our television last year in January. I get my news through the _NYT_, the _WSJ_ , _The Economist_, amd _The Week_.

    We read three to four times faster than we speak so I put broadcast communication in the list of "most inefficient use of time possible."

    I've not been as productive in years. We rent movies when we desire entertainment.

    It's something to consider. (no small children in my house).

    I'd say in drastically increased our happiness quotient. Hours no longer pass sitting on a couch watching guys catching crab in Alaska (again and again).

    jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I got rid of cable because mostly there was just crap or bad news on tv. I only get a few channels, and I rarely watch, but when I do, there's always something ridiculous being reported.

    I was relying on Yahoo for my news, but I think maybe I'll stick with the NYT from now on.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews