Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm Entered

Last night I entered the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) contest. For those of you who've never heard of it, it's a contest that Amazon has put on for the last five years for writer to win a publishing contract. They used to partner up with Penguin, but now, since they've started their own publishing company, are doing it on their own.

The contest is a little different than in the past. They used to give away two awards, one in general fiction, one in YA, I believe both winners got a contract and a $25,000 advance.

This year  one Grand Prize winner will receive a publishing contract with an advance of $50,000, and four First Prize winners will each receive a publishing contract with an advance of $15,000.

They've expanded the categories to include five genres: General Fiction, Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror and Young Adult Fiction. You can view the official contest rules, or read details on how to enter.

Back in 2007, this was my first venture into a writing forum and meeting other writers. I will say, it was one of the best things I ever did. I made so many friends from all over the country, many of them I'm still tight with.

If you have a finished novel between 50-150k, you may want to enter. They take unpublished or self published books as entries. Take a look. What do you have to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews