Friday, October 19, 2012

F³A: Teen Read Week Wrap Up! Drabble Winner!

I want to thank everyone who entered my Drabble Contest!! I received so many good entries, spooky, creepy, funny, eerie, it was hard to pick a winner, but I did. The winner is Andrea Stanet!! Congrats Andrea. I liked her entry, titled Just Because, because it was creepy, but it also made me giggle. Here's her entry.

Just Because by Andrea Stanet

After the season premiere of Zombie Hunters, Karen walked Marlene across the back yard, halfway home. 

“The one thing that has never happened, and can never happen, in human history is the one thing you’re afraid of,” Karen teased.

“Just because it has never happened doesn’t mean it can’t.”

The bushes at the edge of the woods rustled. Karen’s head whipped around. “What was that?”

“Ha ha. Don’t try to scare me.”

They parted. 

A moment later, Marlene heard a scream, several moans and wet slurps.
It sucked being right all the time. She ran inside and barricaded the door.

Andrea wins a signed ARC of Danny Mark's Velveteen, a signed marred copy of Never Eighteen, bookmarks for both books, I'm going to throw some other 2k12 swag in there too. So congrats to Andrea!!! yay.

Friday Scribbles:

Next Pandora Song (Beck Station): The Hardest Button to Button by the White Stripes
 
 Book of the Week: An Unbalanced Line by me. Because it feels like I've been revising it forever and it's the only book I can concentrate on right now.

Netflix/Redbox of the Week: All I have to say is this right now, "What's TV?"

Quote of the week:  “Often, a school is your best bet-perhaps not for education but certainly for protection from an undead attack.” ― Max Brooks, The Zombie Survival Guide

Have a great weekend. I know I will. I'm getting my Halloween on! 

 

1 comment:

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews