Friday, August 3, 2012

The Query Process

It's been a long time since I've had to do this. I really didn't think I'd have to do it ever again. Yeah, right. A few weeks ago (3, maybe 4) I queried two agents I had met at the SCBWI Western Washington conference in April. (if write for children and you don't belong to SCBWI, you should join).

I've not heard from one. Which is understandable. She works for one of the biggees, and as we know agents are very busy.

The other, after I wrote him telling him what I had and what I wanted to work on, thought maybe we weren't a good fit after all, so he referred me to a colleague.

I wrote her about a week ago and she requested 20 pages. Well yesterday she wrote back and asked for the full manuscript. Some people think telling others something like this is bad juju, but I like to keep it out there because I know I'm not alone. I know there are others out there in the same boat and we need people to commiserate with.

So wish me luck, keep your fingers crossed, rub a clover, stick a rabbit foot in your pocket or whatever for me.

11 comments:

  1. I think it's considered bad luck mostly because you have to admit, publicly, when you don't succeed.
    I also think it's part of being a grown up to share your failures--not just your successes.
    Thank you for sharing. It reminds us all that "making it" is an ongoing process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rose, above!

    And I send you all the luck and love I can muster, which is a lot!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. order xanax xanax street value australia - xanax 87

    ReplyDelete
  4. buy tramadol online tramadol for dogs versus humans - tramadol 50 mg for anxiety

    ReplyDelete
  5. buy tramadol online high on tramadol 50mg - tramadol online free shipping

    ReplyDelete
  6. xanax online pink xanax pills mg - xanax withdrawal onset duration

    ReplyDelete
  7. xanax online xanax dosage length - what is the best generic xanax

    ReplyDelete
  8. buy tramadol for dogs buy tramadol no prescription - what does tramadol 50 mg look like

    ReplyDelete
  9. buy tramadol online buy tramadol online for dogs - tramadol 50 mg normal dosage

    ReplyDelete
  10. xanax online xanax drug overdose - xanax side effects withdrawal

    ReplyDelete
  11. buy tramadol online buy tramadol order cheap tramadol online - tramadol 50 mg vs percocet 5mg

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews