Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Weather Identity Crisis

We need to put an end to this horrible climate change problem we're having. The weather in the Pacific Northwest, usually just gray and rainy is having a major identity crisis. Wind, rain, hail, sleet, snow!?!?! I mean, really? Snow? WTF?

Our poor little tulips and daffodils are trying to bloom and the skies keep dumping snow down on their freezing little bulbs.

Thing One's first tennis match is today...IN THE SNOW!!!!! Um, no, not watching tennis in the snow. Yes, I'll play the bad mom card today. We're all allowed a few bad parent moments, aren't we?

Please, reuse, reduce, recycle. Your footprint is too big for my PNW weather. In a couple years, I will be living in a tundra like climate. I'm not meant for the tundra. I'm meant for the sun with sporadic months of rain intermixed!

Think of the polar bears!!

Al Gore, I'm begging you, get your earth saving ass in higher gear!
God, stop toying with us, we get it, we're bad excessive people. Lesson learned!
And all of you who don't believe in climate change, get your heads out of your arses!! It's real. I'm feeling its wrath!!!
Ellen, Oprah, read my book!!! (sorry, I digress)

For the love of all that's good and pure, give me some effin' sun!!!

4 comments:

  1. Since I moved to New Jersey a few years ago I've become a big believer in this climate change phenomenon: two springs ago we had a biblical amount of rain -- something like 45 out of 60 days. Then the winter before this one, a record-breaking snowfall on the day after Xmas, followed by many more snowstorms. My front lawn wasn't completely snow-free until March 31!

    This year? We had one significant snowstorm (in October?!?) And the temps have not dipped below 30 for more than a night or two. Mildest winter ever. What. The. Frig?

    You're not a bad mom at all for skipping a snow-covered tennis match. Who the heck is scheduling a match in the snow anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I hear ya!!

    And normally there would NEVER be snow here this time of year. However, they did cancel the match, so I get to keep my "world's greatest mom" sash yet another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend in NYC texted me yesterday that it was 75 degrees and she was headed to the Hamptons. *sobs* And we have snow!!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews