Friday, March 16, 2012

F³A: In hindsight...

For weeks I was dreading this week and looking forward to this week. I terrified me, yet I knew it was going to be fun. Four author events, three cities, three nights (saying that totally makes me feel like a rockstar).

I was dreading it only for the fact that I knew it would be exhausting for me. I've been run down anyway the last few weeks, having gone off my vitamin regimen (which I am now back on, I know, my stupid fault), and I've been sleeping like CRAP, yes, with a capital C-R-A-P, for a good couple months at least.

However, the dread was heavily outweighed by the rest. I got to spend time with three amazing writers that I've met before, Kiki Hamilton (The Faerie Ring), Helen Landalf (Flyaway), and Carole Estby Dagg (The Year We Were Famous), PLUS, I got to meet two more writers who are very cool, Kendare Blake (Anna Dressed in Blood), and Kathy McCullough (Don't Expect Magic).

AND I got to connect with writers, readers, teachers and librarians at Third Place Books, Capital High School, Olympia Timberland Library, and Garfield Books.

So, while today I might be run down (as you can see, this blog post is a day late), it was definitely worth it.

Okay, Friday Scribbles:

Random iPod Shuffle Song: Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine

Book of the Week: I started reading the ARC of my friend Danny Marks, Velveteen. So good, so far. :)

Netflix of the Week: Watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother last week. That's some funny stuff.

Quote of the Week: "I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." ~ Thomas Carlyle

2 comments:

  1. Read Never Eighteen today and loved it. Now I'm here to check out the blog.
    Wishing you all the best with the book and the tour =)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews