Friday, March 23, 2012

F³A: I Will Not Be Seeing Hunger Games


At least more than likely in the theater. You see, I hate seeing the movie before I read the book. Hate, hate hate. And I don't really have the time to read the book right now. I'm reading my friend and co 2k12er,Danny Marks ARC, Velveteen right now, then I have two books I have to read for an intensive workshop on voice for conference next month.

And work, revising, kids, and everything else I've got my fingers in lately makes for a very slow reader. veeerrrryyyy sllllooooowwwww.

So unless Hunger Games is still in the theaters say, 2014, I don't see it happening. :(

I remember when I had the time to devour books.

I'm jealous because like 9 posts out of 10 today on Facebook are about people either going to see, or having gone to see the movie and apparently it's made of awesome.

Maybe I'll have to step up my reading game.

Friday Scribbles:

Random iPod Shuffle Song: Breakeven by the Script


Book of the Week: Hell, let's go with the Hunger Games

Netflix of the Week: Back to watching Scrubs

Quote of the Week: "No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance." ~Confucius


2 comments:

  1. You're not alone! I'm missing the boat myself, as you know. I won't get to finish the first book until April--if I'm lucky--so I have to ask my friends to wait until Easter to see the movie. I might as well have asked them to hold their breath underwater for that long!

    Got any advice for dodging spoilers through this nonstop media blitz/social media frenzy? I like to know as little as possible about a movie I plan to see. Those newspapers I scanned for my posts? Didn't read any of 'em. And there was another article today. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah, I'm trying to avoid reading stuff about it too. And I have three books for sure to read before I can start it. hopefully It won't get spoiled for me before I get to it.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews